One belongs to New York instantly,
one belongs to it as much in five minutes as in five years.
New York for one week. Chicago for two. Back to New York for eight days. Let me tell you, it is a rough life that I live. In just a few days I will be flying back to New York City for a full eight days. A little bit of business. A little bit of pleasure. A whole lot of falling in love with New York City all over again and making my friends back here in Chicago nervous that I will never come back home. Like that would ever happen...
I realize that it is only Wednesday, but that being said, every night this week has been packed with some coffee date or plans with friends. So last night I forced my friend to come over, drink a little wine, and sit and keep me company while I packed. There may have been a little dancing like Beyoncé, no big deal.
No matter where I am going, or how long I am going to be gone, there are always a few must-haves that I cannot leave without.
- Tide to Go - let's be honest, with all the eating that I am going to be done, I will more than likely spill some tomato sauce or ketchup on myself...
- Some light reading - Bon Appétit for the win!
- Headphones - no way am I listening to your baby cry on my 6:35am flight Saturday morning. Uh uh...not happening!
- Midnight Eye Recovery - let's face it, I will be staying up way too late enjoying cocktails and libations with friends. I still gotta look fresh in the morning, though!
- Notebook & Pen - New York City has always been one of my biggest sources of inspiration and motivation. There have been times that I was walking down the street, became inspired by something I saw, and had to run into the nearest coffee shop and begin writing.